A while ago we grilled some asparagus for dinner, and I wanted to try out a little recipe for balsamic syrup that we have. I thought I was following the recipe down to the letter, but instead of a nice syrup for drizzling over our asparagus, we got this:

I'm not sure that you can get the full effect of this stuff. It approximates the consistency of asphalt. The spoon is actually stuck to it, too. Nice and shiny, though, I must admit.
Balsamic tar, anyone?
4 comments:
Mmm...can I get the recipe for this?
2 cups balsamic vinegar. Reduce until thick and syrupy (or putrid and sludgy like my attempt).
After checking with some other sources, I think the real problem was that I reduced it too fast. Instead of taking it down in 15 min, put it on really low so that it doesn't even bubble -- let it reduce over a time span of like 90 min instead.
I haven't told you guys congrats on your newest arrival he is soooo cute! I know its hard to tell as a parent cause you think your baby is the cutest in the whole wide world that you wonder if your just being biased or if others see what you see, but be assured he is a beautiful baby and L keeps getting prettier and prettier.
Hey you guys! How is life?? How is the newest addition??
I am dying to see some new photos!!
Rave, Trev, and Roe
Post a Comment