When I make out-of-state trips, crazy things seem to happen. Insane winter blizzards and now hurricane wind-storms. Over the weekend we missed the intense gusts that whipped through Ohio and left people without power and with damaged property. I can report that our house is still standing (though the huge tree in the front landed a few feet to the side of our porch) and we will not be coming home to a fridge of rotten food since our power was only out for 3 hrs.
After having my sister Jessica in Ohio with us for a week, the kids and I headed out West to spend time with family. Our weather has been perfect and the kids have been enjoying non-stop fun and attention with grandparents, friends, aunts, and cousins. Q flies from Russia to Utah soon, and then we'll make the long-anticipated DRIVE back to Ohio. I'm getting a GPS as an early birthday/Christmas present and I can't wait to try it out --should be loads of fun.
Hopefully you'll soon get some updates on Russia and how things are going there.


1 comment:
First of all you have THE cutest kids. I'm there for you with the driving back from Utah. We did it this summer as well. I dreaded this for months, but not so bad. Just expect the worst and you might be pleasantly surprised. Are you going it alone though? I hope not, or I'm really praying for you.
Post a Comment