Friday, March 19, 2010

Aunt Kimi Saves My Sanity


My sister was going to come in for a week to be with me and the kids while Q presented at a conference in New Orleans. Instead I convinced her to lengthen her visit by a week and fly back with me to Utah.


There were quite a few snow-days and we also had a friend of Q's staying for 4 days while checking out OSU. I was worried that we'd all be cramped and a bit stir crazy, but luckily the Olympics and some creative thinking kept us going. Here are some of the highlights:

Mike (friend from Q's mission) entertaining the kids during one of the snow days

Another Bday celebration for L
(she REALLY wanted a Barbie dress cake so that was part of our welcome for Kim)

Benihana
Our 1st visit was quite entertaining and definitely yummy.

Beazer Olympics
Grater's
Swimming at the Worthington Rec Center
Chili-Chocolate Cook-off

Kim took L on a special bday date to an indoor water park and she had a blast.

Ohio Deli Challenge
Luckily Q came to his senses after the 1st half of the sandwich. We had lunch meat for days afterwards. Insane. In this picture you can only see half of the sandwich. You have to eat the whole things, plus the BATTERED fries and a pickle in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the help and the fun times Kimi!

3 comments:

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

That's the biggest sandwich I've ever seen. Way to go Q!

Malinovka said...

Fun times! I'm so glad your sis was able to come and help. Bless those family members! Looks like you guys have been having a BLAST lately! We need to hang out with you more often. :)

Tara said...

Oh, that little baby is so snugly and I just want to hold him so bad! Hope all is well with you guys!