Sunday, July 22, 2012

Since February.. .

Has it really been that long?!  Ok, there is a lot to catch up on -- but where to start?

Life has been majorly consumed by the process of searching for and buying a house, packing and moving, and now unpacking and settling into our new life.  It has been such a crazy, exciting, scary, overwhelming, educational, and fun experience.  


But, more on that later.  Below is a semi-quick rundown of the last 6 months (sheesh!).  I'm sorry about so many collages, but I figured it would help make this post a little less intense.


In March my long-time friend, Peggy, flew out with her sister, sister-in-law, and friend for a weekend in NYC.  Q was sweet enough to hang with the kids for a couple of days while I played tourist, went to Wicked on Broadway, and just had some excellent girl-time.

In April we visited Utah for Q's mom's 70th birthday.  There was a party, a fancy dinner, and lots of quality time for the birthday girl with her grandkids.  While there we got to celebrate Easter -- complete with the traditional egg toss and egg-hunt at Grandma Iris' house with all of my relatives.  My family went up for a weekend retreat in the mountains which consisted of crafts, games, snow, golf, and all sorts of fun.  As usual, our trip was a whirl-wind of fun, love, and attention from our adoring families.

May was pretty busy as well -- C turned 5 and was excited to have a very small Mario Party that consisted of 2 of his best buds in CT.  His life has changed forever since Q received a Wii from his sister for his b-day.  Mario has consumed our little boy's life -- but it has given him a lot of exercise (he jumps on the tramp while playing), and he and his little brother have heartfelt conversations about Bowser and Luigi -- it's fun to see them connect about something.  Preschool graduation also happened -- it consisted of A LOT of break dancing and hugs from all of his high-school student teachers.  


The same weekend as his birthday we had a houseful of visitors -- my sister and her baby and hubby were on the East Coast and stopped by.  And an old roommate from USU made the trek to CT from DC with her family.  It was crazy and fun.  We made it to the beach and even NYC.
Our final outing to NYC (Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Max Brenner's, and of course the Subway)

Also in May, Q and I took our 2nd trip to Tallahassee to look for a house.  We loved the mini-vacation with just the two of us, but it was an intense weekend of major decisions.  Somehow we came out of it with a home and neighborhood that we are super happy with.

We tried to get the most out of our time left on the East Coast.  There were lots of hiking excursions, Q and C's 1st Father-Son outing, beach trips, and hanging out with friends.  The kids are especially missing Sleeping Giant hikes where they could follow the color symbols along the trails.

I'll show some pics of the move and our first weeks in Florida next time.  You've probably got all of the Beazer updates you can handle for at least a couple of days.  You missed us, didn't you?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yes, horribly. I was delighted to see you updated! I can't remember the last time I updated ours. Luckily Rob does a great job, although occasionally I open the blog to find a less than flattering photo of myself. Can't complain. Happy you are settling in, and I'm excited to see some pics of your place! Good work guys!

Jenn Howell said...

Great Update... I hope you are starting to see the beauties of Florida - or at least find out where the grocery stores are and the school is!! I love the collages - where do you find the template to do that?? I need to get going on ours, but it's feeling a little overwhelming too.. maybe the collages would help!

You all look great!