Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School 2012

It seems like this year there were a lot less jitters (at least on my part) for the 1st day of school.  Yes, we were once again starting the school year at a brand new elementary -- this is L's third school in three years!  But somehow it seemed less scary to know that they were going together.   
We are now in Week 2 and I am super happy with the school and the teachers.  This year it really seems like both kids lucked out with teachers who are excited about teaching and who enjoy being around kids.  I can't wait to continue to see the differences and to watch the kids return home with smiles on their faces! 

Kindergartener -- He had no apparent concerns with starting school.  He was excited and ready to go.  He has picked up quickly on the rules and updates me daily on his success of staying on GREEN in class.

 
2nd Grader- What a brave girl to be starting all over again.  I really hope that she feels comfortable enough to make some close friends and feel like she is home.

My little shadow did not want to be left out of the fun.

   
Waiting for the bus

I have already attended 3 orientations at the school and feel very comfortable having them there.   The assistant principal has taken us under her wing -- she even e-mailed on the first day to let me know she'd checked in on the kids.  It feels great to know I have an accessible contact in the admin that knows us and is looking out for the family.  The school is about double the size of our last one, and yet it already feels homey.

No comments: