Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's Great to be 8

Recently I read about how blogs are becoming a thing of the past.  I realized how few updates I receive from friends' blogs now -- usually 1 a week instead of 3-5 a day.  My blogging hasn't been very consistent, so I'm sure that my every 3 month posts will come to a non-dramatic end as well.  But before we disappear into the non-blog world, I thought I'd at least update on our latest and greatest.

Primarily, L's baptism happened at the beginning of February.  It was a great cause for celebration -- including an entire month of grandparent visitors.  We had some at the beginning and some at the end, but they overlapped for a couple of days, resulting in:

  But it was so nice to have help around to play with the kids, let Q and I go out a couple of times, get some help with the yard work, and to make the baptismal event feel extra-special.  


Somehow I didn't bring my camera to the church.  We'd taken pictures beforehand, but this was the only photo I have -- thanks to a member of the bishopric that snapped it before the baptism.  I wish I would have gotten pictures of the Primary Choir, the yummy treats, and L after her confirmation.
 


And this guy gave the sweetest prayer every.  I had talked to him earlier about how a lot of kids would be there and if he was silly -- they wouldn't understand the importance of the baptism.  He took his part of the program very seriously.



One memorable part was hearing the Primary Choir singing while L was changing after her baptism.  We heard "Stars were Gleaming" floating into the changing area.  L was a little confused, "Mom, I don't think that's on the program."  They were taking requests and the chorister chose C, not knowing that his favorite is a Christmas tune.  It was a beautiful day with lots of love from our family and ward -- and L agreed that 8 really is pretty great. 


2 comments:

Malinovka said...

I will keep reading your posts, so don't give up yet!! I am bad at updating, but I'm not going to let go of it. Congrats to L!!! Everything looked so beautiful! Wish we could have been there. So glad both your parents were able to be there. It looks like it was such a special and wonderful day. L looked beautiful, and I love the story about C's prayer. We just chose the date for Mierae's big day, and we are getting excited. Hugs to all!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

I really don't think it should fade out. Otherwise, how would I get to read about your dear little family and see your kids growing so big??
I too fell off the wagon but I'm jumping back on as soon as I get some final adoption paperwork:) Anyday NOW! It's time to share with others again, especially you.
Miss you