Sunday, February 25, 2007

followup is key

For the record, here's how my report card stacks up for some of my goals over the last six weeks:

1.) Keep a food journal every day for one month -- solid A. Having a target number of calories to stay below each day is kind of like a game. Who doesn't like games? In the end, this may have been the most productive thing for me to do. Just knowing that I would have to record something was often enough to keep me from ingesting it if I knew I shouldn't. By the way, did anyone even look at my online food log? Ungrateful punks.

2.) No seconds -- A-, for a few weak-willed moments with a tater tot casserole.

3.) Six servings of fruits and veggies every day -- B. The beginning of the week is always easy, but as the week wears on and the produce disappears, not so easy anymore.

4.) Drink 10 glasses of water per day-- A. By far the easiest goal to meet. My water bottle and I are good buddies now. I have also become much more familiar with the men's restroom in my department since I have to visit it about, oh, 10 times a day.

5.) Oatmeal 5 times a week for breakfast -- A. I even liked it.

6.) Eat fish once a week -- C. We had fish three weeks out of the six. Given B's distrust of seafood, I consider that this was actually somewhat of a victory.

7.) Test my cholesterol at the end of the month -- F. I thought about doing it, though. I promise I did.

So overall, my first real attempt at setting some fitness goals was a self-esteem builder. Now, on to bigger and better things, I suppose. Watch for the new goals in the upcoming days.

1 comment:

MerryPair said...

Bravo Q!
I applaud your healthy efforts. I'm trying to lower my cholesterol, and some days are rough (I won't tell you about the pringles in front of me right now...)