

What a lucky girl I am. Q agreed to spend a couple of days playing Mr. Mom so that I could go visit an old roomie in LA and enjoy some sun and relaxation before Q Junior arrives. So Karene, Brian, and Cole played great hosts -- we spent time at the beach, the pier, Universal City Walk, and the park. They also introduced me to Trader Joe's and Joe's Crab Shack. I can't even explain how amazing it was to have a BBQ in their backyard with the sun washing over me (I did feel a twinge of guilt when I thought about Q and L back in Columbus and the cold grayness there). We did a lot of girl-gabbing and catching up... especially since we had about 12 hrs in line for THE PRICE IS RIGHT! Yup, we braved the rain and the crowds and showed up at 1:00 am the morning of the taping. We didn't start the taping of the show until 1:15 pm that afternoon, but it was SO COOL to be in the studio. I'm glad that Cole woke us up at 11:30 pm, because if we would have gotten in line when we'd planned on it we might not have made it in. Anyways, watch the March 20th show and I can almost guarantee a good crowd shot with me in it. Jamie (a firefighter from Connecticut who looks like Brendan Frasier) was sitting RIGHT next to me in the audience and he got called to Contestants Row.
After a canceled flight (an extra day in LA!) and an overbooked flight that had me taking a cab from Cincinnati to Columbus I finally got home to spend the evening with my Valentines. Q and L had gotten me flowers, my favorite ice cream, and a special Valentine shirt. It was great to be back home where I felt so loved. Thanks for the chance to recharge Q -- you're the best!

3 comments:
Glad you were able to go. You deserve it! I am pleased to know there are other family members who are now part of the Trader Joes and Joes Crab Shack crowd. I crave them both. We were supposed to get a TJ's in Spokane this spring, but this has fallen through and I'm heartbroken. Love to see more pics some time.
Mary
Woohoo! We made the blog! Sweet. Nice sum-up of your visit. We're so glad you came, it was wonderful to have you here. One thing though. Didn't you tell Jamie he looked like Brendan Frasier...? Oh well, it was some movie star anyway. What a party. Love you guys!
Karene
You're right Karene! It was Brendan Frasier -- I'll go back and fix it. Thanks!
Post a Comment