Sunday, August 19, 2007

new arrival to our family!

And we (I) couldn't be prouder.

Some of you may have noticed a small line in an old post about a stolen bike (sigh). Well, time to move on. And, boy-howdy, did we move on! Meet my new bike:


Since we are still neck-deep in our self-inflicted poverty known as grad school, I had given up hope of replacing my faithful steed with a nicer ride. My plan was to just get used to catching the bus again, when I chanced upon this little number in a used-goods store that I was browsing through (I had heard you could get cheap cooking gear there). When I got home from the store, I checked the specs online -- not only did the bike get positive reviews from users, but the store's sticker price was about 1/3 of the new retail price. Thus, I snagged a great bike, along with a rack for the car, at the price I imagined paying for a very mediocre bike. Granted, it's used and about 3 years old, but still...it rocks.

It's so silent, I feel like a ninja. As a matter of fact, I get a real kick out of sneaking up behind people on the bike path and startling them. Oh yeah...I am now the definition of stealthy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride, Ninja Boy. I am so happy for you. It is an awesome feeling to bring home a new bike! Wish we could have taken a ride together. Good idea to post it on your blog, not only to brag, but to prove that it was once in your possession, not that you'll need to do that again.

P.S. Sometimes people say "on your left" and pass thusly rather than sneaking up on people... ;)

Rammells said...

Where are the training wheels?