Yesterday morning, I was running late once again. It was 8:07 am, leaving me 23 min to get to the bus stop, catch the #2 to campus, and then go several blocks to the building where I teach my class. It wasn’t promising. In desperation, I did something that I haven’t done in about five years – I broke out my skateboard. Then I took off as fast as I could to go the two or three blocks to catch my bus. It felt fantastic.
Yes, I still remember how to ride. No, I did not fall or crash. Yes, it did surprise my students when I walked in carrying a skateboard. And yes, I did make it on time, thank you very much.
Florida is fabulous -- we are ecstatic to finally be in a more permanent stage of life. Q has officially begun work as a professor, and we are feeling settled into our new home. The updates aren't frequent, but we're glad you stopped by to catch up.
Friday, January 11, 2008
blast from the past
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
impressive. I wish I had skateboarding skills so i could walk into class some time with a skateboard. Alas, I'll have to find something else to shock my students.
Post a Comment