| |||
| 1 red onion sliced 1 tablespoon minced ginger 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (we're usually cheap and just do canned or fresh button) 1 cup white cabbage, shredded 1 cup carrots, shredded 1 cup chopped garlic chives or chives 1 teaspoon white pepper (regular is fine) 1 teaspoon sesame oil 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 1 package round dumpling skins, also called gyoza (we use wonton wrappers found usually in the produce department) Salt to taste Serve with dipping sauce (one of the main reasons Q loves these). SPICY SOY DIPPING SAUCE:1/3 cup thin soy sauce | |||
Florida is fabulous -- we are ecstatic to finally be in a more permanent stage of life. Q has officially begun work as a professor, and we are feeling settled into our new home. The updates aren't frequent, but we're glad you stopped by to catch up.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Vegetarian Pot Stickers
It's amazing how many of these babies you can pack away. Making the filling takes some time, but if you make a big enough batch you can freeze some and save time for the next meal. Get out that food processor! Guests helping fill and pinch the pot stickers also speeds things along. I was waiting to get a picture, but you'll have to use your imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can always count on you guys for good recipes...we miss benefiting from that goodness in person and the laid back visits. I'm adding these to my "to try" list. I have so much more time to cook now.
Hooray! I love pot stickers, but the ones ya buy in the freezer section are yucky & I can't keep going to Lucky's Chinese Buffet for them so thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try them.
Beazers, this is Heather Bingham, from your logan married student ward when Art and I lived up the street from you, cute kids! You were just pregnant with the first one the last time I saw you, how are you guys doing?
Post a Comment