Last night we received the news that my grandmother had passed away after months of inspiring us with her strength and determination. So after a crazy day of packing, trying to switch airline tickets, and attempting to remember everything that I might possibly need to cancel, put a hold on, or pack for Utah and Hawaii, the kids and I are heading out tomorrow (a couple of weeks early). It's going to make for a LONG vacation, but we are excited to have extra time with our families.
Grandma Jo was an amazing woman that embodied the pioneer spirit in every way. It seemed fitting when she and Grandpa Dan served their first mission in Nauvoo. I hope to teach her courage, strength, and faith to my kids -- they are lucky to have such an amazing ancestor!
SURE LOVE YA!
6 comments:
So sorry, Brooke. Your grandma was an amazing lady. Everyone that knew her had to love her. Enjoy your time with your family!
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, I hope you are at peace with it, I know I was when my grandma finally got to join my grandpa again.
If you have free time due to your extended stay, we'd love to have you over for dinner (with Q if possible). I know your schedule can be crazy with all the family, but let me know.
I'm sorry for all your family, you're lucky to know that she is in a better place and that you'll see her one day!
Enjoy your trips!
sorry to hear she is gone. On the sads there is nothing else to say. On the happys the one thing to say is that the lord has counquered all things
for all of us
I am so sorry about your grandma. So how long will you guys be gone? You are always going back to Utah. When are you going to Hawaii?
So sorry, Brooke. We will keep your family in our prayers.
I hope you enjoy Utah, and family! And Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment