Monday, November 07, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween in Connecticut reminded me of many Halloweens Past in Utah -- SNOWY!!!  L was sure it was because of her Fairy Snow Princess ring that had special powers.  Many people here were without power for almost a month.  We had school and church canceled for 1 day, but other than that it just made the weekend a bit more exciting.  
  
Yes, those are still unpacked boxes stacked up because our kitchen has yet to be replaced.
She really loved her hat
A dragon
Calvin and Hobbes
A Princess Witch

Our neighbors had a party for the block right before Trick or Treating.  It was great to have everyone together -- there was a sense of community that was really nice.  We did miss everyone sitting out on their porches like they do in Columbus, but the kids had a great time.  I think this was the first year that I didn't feel overwhelmed with the insane amount of candy that usually results from Halloween.  Our Trunk or Treat was canceled because of the storm and that really made a difference.  And thanks to small bags, after 2 streets their candy was overflowing so they felt liked they'd made a haul!



1 comment:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Cute costumes! That snow princess has some magical powers.
I can't believe they haven't fix that kitchen yet...seriously:)

I Love the picture where L is sleeping with the hat on.