Sunday, August 20, 2006

getting my alpine fix


Ohio may be green (love it!), but it's flat. While it is probably not the proverbial pancake that Kansas is, it's at least a tortilla fried in hot oil -- flatish with some puffy spots here and there. Usually, I'm okay with the general lack of topography. Lately, however, I've felt the need for some relief, if you geographers out there know what I'm talking about.

Brigham Young wasn't mistaken. Utah, it turns out, really is the place. Who cares if every uncultivated spot is covered in crispy, dry weeds rather than lush greenery? They have mountains there, and I couldn't get enough of them.

Like the previous post mentioned, we spent a day up in Brighton picnicking, hiking, and wandering around the lake. Fantastic. Here are some pictures to prove it:






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane says I'm supposed to tell you that if you vote for Ken Blackwell for governor he can't know you anymore. If you are seriously thinking of voting for him, please call Shane immediately and he'll send you information about why you shouldn't.

Beazer said...

What? Ken who? I had just been planning on Bob Taft as a write-in. Now that he lost his license to practice law in the state of Ohio, I think he's gonna want that job as governor again.