Thursday, September 21, 2006

post-exam let down

I am approaching the 48 hour mark after finishing the written portion of my general exams, and I'm still not completely unwound. This probably has much to do with the fact that my oral exams are still lurking menancingly ahead in a few weeks. Being finished with the written portions is comforting, don't get me wrong. Unfortunately, I have 19 days to sit and stew over the (low) quality of my answers, agonizing over the vast array of potential questions my committee could possibly hurl at me when we meet face-to-face. On the bright side, however, is that every day is one step closer to being done.

One thing's for sure, I will be in serious need of a general exam-detox after October 10.

- Q

Note: For those who do not already know, the girls flew back to Utah suddenly to spend time with B's Grandpa, whose health appeared to be fading rapidly. We are grateful that they have had this chance to be with our family right now, and we have appreciated the concern of friends who have heard about the matter. While the bad news is that the underlying health problems are probably not going to go away, the good news is that Grandpa is feeling and acting much better these last few days -- that extended amount of quality time together with him has been a real comfort for everyone, I think.

No comments: