Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rodent Rage

Now some of you have already heard the beef I have with the woodland creatures that roam unrestrained in our backyard. Vicious rodents like the bunny, the squirrel, the raccoon, and I'm sure myriads of equally repulsive predators. They (plus a little lack of sun) destroyed any hope I had of harvesting squash or cucumbers or peppers or onions or lettuce or spinach or peas or zucchini from our little garden plot. But they have now stooped to new levels with their attacks on the tomato plants. Our first tomato was found behind a tree, half eaten and then tossed into the dirt. The second was just showing a soft glow of red when it was snatched away from us. The ONE BITE that was taken from it before I found it on the sidewalk seemed to mock me (so I took it inside and cut off the bitten part and ate the other side out of spite- no rabies yet). And now look at what those deplorable pests have done- while it's still in its infancy, unaware and still clinging to the vine. I'll find my revenge somehow.

- B

No comments: