Sunday, February 22, 2009

Big Boy Bed, Make-up and Chili

When the crib broke last week we decided it was time to make the transfer to a toddler bed. I wasn't sure I was ready. He's got a lot of energy and the crib was the perfect place to let him relax when he was getting wound up -- he'd snuggle with his animals and read books. I knew the bed probably wouldn't have similar results. But the transition went great and he loves his bed!




"Soooooo big!"


This is what Q found when it was a bit too quiet upstairs. I had to use a q-tip to get the cover-up out of his nose. Hopefully he didn't take my laughing as a go-ahead to do it again.


Here we are at the Riverside Ward Annual Chili-Chocolate Cook-Off. I'm not sure if you can read the apron, but it says, "1st Place Chili!" Daniel, Scott, and Krista were some friends that we invited to come to the event. Just because they were the chili judges and our friends doesn't really mean anything. Honestly. Our chocolate won "Most Original"l as well -- no apron for that.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

You ALWAYS have the best chili!!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

It's too bad you're in a different ward now for the Chili Chocolate cookoff. Your cooking is always a hit!

Except, now... hey if you're gone...I have a chance at winning...Wahoo!

Tara said...

I can't believe the little Beazer is that big already. Guess it is time for another one eh???
p.s. Have I mentioned on your blog or facebook that you guys are due for a visit? See......I can't travel, so that means you guys have to come down this way. It is warm!!!

Malinovka said...

Was there any doubt you'd win in both categories? :) You guys are great.