Saturday, March 07, 2009

A Visit from Mom

Unluckily for her she entered a house of plague. The girls of the house were miserable all week (seems like the boys are heading into it now)... but what better time to have your mom around?! I slept in late, took naps, read a book, and even changed the oil, got haircuts for all, visited a Sports Med doctor about my hip, and went kid-free shopping!

Q and I got a date night playing racquetball. It was easy to tell who's been playing a couple of times a week for the last few years... it wasn't me! Yay for Family Hours at the RPAC.

We hit the zoo on a chilly morning that turned gorgeous and it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Some friends met us there and the kids had a blast.



We also managed to make it to COSI where we watched, "Fly Me to the Moon." It was a 3-D adventure involving the moon so C was thrilled. Seriously about 7 times a day we have a discussion that goes something like this:
"Momma, moon?"
"Where's the moon?"
"Up. Sky! Hiding."
"Um out Moon! Um out!"

Really though we just enjoyed a couple of days being and home and letting Nana get as much playtime with the kids as possible. Thanks for the help and the visit Mom -- sure love ya!


Also (sorry for the long post), I know the hair's a bit much, but I'm still figuring out sponge curlers. She gave her 1st talk in Primary on Sunday and it was ADORABLE! She brought her daddy from her doll house and told all about dads and how her dad "loves chocolate and is my fan and is my favorite."

1 comment:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Those 3D glasses are hot on you Brooke! I love it!

Also, I'm pretty sure I have a picture of myself with hair just like that Lydia. It's how the cool kids do it.

So jealous your Mom came out. How fun!