Monday, February 02, 2009

January 2009 - Winter and Birthday

It's been cold. Really cold. And snowy. And icy. Really icy.
People have been sick.
We've been inside a lot.
All survived.


Can you see how much ice is on the tiny branches?
Our car was sealed with a sheet of ice.
Beautiful.
A pain.




We are now the parents OF A FOUR YEAR OLD!!!
Crazy.

Making her birthday breakfast with Pop (it's so funny when she calls him that)


Trying out her new Dora game


Bowling was a blast -- Q started his game with 3 strikes!

She and her buddy Wyatt are so sweet together --
I hope she doesn't realize he's a boy anytime soon.



And ice skating with Mags -- they had a great time
(it was painful for us trying to keep them on their feet, but...).
As Magei put it, "Falling is just part of the experience."


During her birthday dinner at Bravo! she leaned over and whispered,
"This has been the best birthday ever!"
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Karene said...

You're making me so glad I live in California...

Looks like Lydia really did have the best birthday ever! What good parents!

I'm diggin' Q's facial hair...

Anna said...

oh...sad, it's almost been a year since we moved from Ohio. I remember Ls third birthday....

and I'm still really hoping you end up in Utah permanently at some point

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Lydia!
I'm glad your surviving over there. We'll have to come visit soon now that our car isn't cocooned in ice.

I love the picture at the ice rink. It looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

that whispered comment from Lydia must have felt great! she is adorable!

Katrina said...

Hey Beazers! I haven't been checking your blog long enough to realize you were in OH! So are we! I can totally relate with those ice pictures you took of the latest storm. Email me at musicpoet at gmail dot com! We have a private blog that I would love to invite you to, as well...

Mrs. Lundgreen said...

What a fun day - you have to be the coolest mom I know!:)

Tara said...

Now,do you go to Bravo! for you or Lydia??? Ha, ha! I like all of the facial hair that Q is growing! Happy Birthday Lydia!

Anonymous said...

Quintin - stumbled on your blog. Cute family. Drop me a line sometime, I'd love to chat. -Niederhausr (blake1 at gmail)