So this is an older write-up that I never got around to posting, but while I work on updating the blog you can check it out:
As a kid I always thought of my little town as perfect -- small enough that you know everyone, feel safe, and have a real sense of community -- but close enough to larger towns that you don't seem isolated. Well the other day I was signing out of my Hotmail account and ended up on the MSN front page. There was a link to "America's Top Ten Affordable Suburbs." My sister had sent me an interesting email regarding said link so I clicked and found that someone else felt the same as I did.
That's right, my sweet home South Weber has made an impression (maybe they'll start including it on more maps or give it another stoplight). A tiny place that most people in Utah haven't even heard of... and it's being touted as scoring amoung the best in the nation for cost of living, lifestyle, school, and strenght of local economies. While I'm sure the Mayor feels proud (right Dad?), I hope the article in Business Weekly doesn't bring too much attention. I kinda like it just the way it is.
(Q just pointed out that it no longer has the stoplight...)
No comments:
Post a Comment