Monday, October 19, 2009

A Few of His Favorite Things

One of our frequently requested bedtime songs is "My Favorite Things." We refer to it often if the kids are scared and having a hard time sleeping. However, it doesn't relate to them well -- I mean, would you feel better thinking about bright copper kettles or schnitzel with noodles? So one day while we were at the park we worked on some of their favorite things so we could sing something that connects a bit more with them. When Q got home from school they insisted that he make a list as well. Since it is a rare occurrence to hear from Mr. Beazer, I thought this would be a fun way to learn more about him (remember that this list was done at dinner and has some things added by other family members. It is also not all-inclusive -- don't feel bad if you were left off).


Q's Favorite Things
His sweet wife (he added this as an afterthought, but put it at the top of the list so I'll take it)
dark chocolate
listening to music
checking email
hot sauce (L)
brainteasers and puzzles
being with family and kids
racquetball
being with pals at school (L)
riding my bike
cooking
Mexican food
beans (yes, if he was putting this in order, beans might be in the top 5 -- right next to kids)
video games
Russia
making graphs and playing with data
teasing (L)
t-shirts, hoodies, and flip-flops
ties
hugs
sunlight
hot chocolate on overcast days
photography
reading
clever lyrics
good grammar
Psych, Jeeves and Wooster, Star Wars, LoTR
mountains

4 comments:

Laura said...

and Farleys.

Malinovka said...

I love that good grammar made the list. :) Eric likes to correct me (but of course he very rarely has to). :)

Tara said...

I really can't believe he didn't put sitting in English class with me at USU...........HELLO!

Annie said...

Great picture. So penetrating.