Thursday, June 10, 2010

8 Years and Counting...

Flying cotton and lilacs always remind me of our wedding day. Thanks to my cousin Lindsey there were lilacs on every table at the reception (she'd found some in Idaho and brought them with her), and thanks to Mother Nature it looked like a winter wonderland in my parent's backyard with swirling cotton in the air.

For our anniversary this year, we decided to celebrate as a family. I liked the thought of it being a day to recognized the union of a couple AND the beginning of a family. So, we all headed to the Velvet Ice Cream Festival. We hit BRAVO! on the way home and then painted cardboard frisbees that evening.


Q was very sweet and surprised me all day with things he knew I loved: fruit smoothies for breakfast, Whoppers, Grater's Toffee Chip Ice Cream, a new book, and flowers. I was reminded of our first years of dating -- every time we got together he had some kind of "prize" for me. It's crazy to think that we've been in love for over 13 years now. It's no wonder I can't imagine life without him!

A couple of shots from 1997
(Dinner Theater where we met and waiting in line for General Conference)





2 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

You guys are too adorable in those photos! i love them.

It really is a blessing to find someone who loves you and is awesome to boot! Congratulations on 8 years!

Malinovka said...

Loved seeing those old photos! I need to get some of ours out now and reminisce. :) I hope you had a fun day WITH the kiddos. If it were me, I would've wanted a day without them! :)