She's at it again, but this time with a little supervision. I tried to let her create without too many restrictions, but I did set some limits so as not to deplete all of our cooking supplies. L was convinced that she HAD to bake something without a recipe. I tried reasoning, but finally decided that experience might be a better teacher.
No Recipe Bread
1 egg
10 T water
1/2 c milk
1/4 c oil
1/2 t vanilla
1 slice (1T?) butter melted in microwave for 2 minutes
1/4 t honey
2 drops food coloring (purple)
1 drop of pink
In a separate bowl:
1/3 c wheat flour
1/3 c white flour (I like her style)
1/2 t corn starch
1 t baking soda
1/4 c and 1/2 t quick oats
1/2 t cocoa
1t salt
2 shakes of nutmeg
2 shakes of cumin
1 shake oregano
Mix
Rest on vent until you come back to it
(our bread dough is usually put on the heat vent during winter to help it rise).
Go play
Preheat oven to 390
Bake until toothpick comes out clean (15 min)
Mmmmmm
Smells good!
As you can see, this creation was much more involved and advanced than the last one. However, I advise that you don't try this one out.
3 comments:
AWESOME!!! That's some great mothering, I have to say. I don't know if I would have gone for it, but you're smart. It actually doesn't look too bad, but based on the ingredients...what did L think of it when she tasted it?
good for you to let her experiment. I don't know if I'd be that brave. cumin and oregano? wow. She was makin an interesting combo bread. Did she end up liking it or is she convinced to use a recipe next time?
I ready this out loud to Joe and kept laughing out loud...belly laughing with a c-section scar---its a sacrifice. We can't tell you how much we love L and hope Everly has a personality half so delightful.
Post a Comment