Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Once you've read this, you are officially updated

So for those who haven't heard the big news -- our time has come to leave The Ohio. We have been here for 7 great years, and reality hasn't sunk in yet that this won't be home anymore. Q starts his post-doc the beginning of July so we have about one month left to enjoy Columbus.

We will be heading to a little school on the East Coast in Connecticut. The position is probably only for a year, so we are excited for our short but exciting stay. The kids are referring to it as, "The Beazers Grand Adventure!"

The ward there has been so helpful with finding a place to live, figuring out a school for L, and answering a million questions for me. It feels great to know that there are people who will be there to welcome us and be our family for a year.

Let the packing begin!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats guys! It isn't so bad moving for only a year. My suggestion - pack some boxes as deep storage and don't even open them in Conn. Good luck to you!

Rob said...

So it doesn't matter when we leave, but if the Farely's are going to leave you hustle and get your PhD done...interesting. j/k

Congrats! The "little school" looks nice!

Anna said...

I imagine if we'd stayed in Ohio and been neighbors for 3 years now this would be REALLY depressing for me. Instead I'm just excited for you guys.

Doug said...

Congrats on the new ADVENTURE ... Time will fly...

Kellie said...

YALE!!! That is so exciting! I swear I saw this before, but some how I really didn't know... Congrats, I know you're gonna love it! I agree with the NOT unpacking some stuff, it makes life much easier, plus it feels like Christmas when you finally get to open toys not played with for 1+ year. Good Luck!

Laura said...

AHHH!!! What a nightmare! Way to stay positive through it all, though. Oh, Brooke...I hope that house gets done soon! So glad you had your parents there to help out. Poor G. Looks like you're having a good time exploring. We've explored nothing!