Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of First Grade



After many delays, this 1st Grader was ready to begin her school year.  There were nerves from not only being the new girl, but also the one that was arriving 3 days late to class.  Luckily we'd met one girl from her class and had a play date.  Plus, she ran into a friend on the way to her classroom.  And the biggest help for the first day jitters was a sweet girl from her Primary class at church, who got permission to leave her class to come and check on L.  She got to us just as I was trying to convince L to enter the room.  Having a friend wrap her into a hug and sweep her into the class was a lifesaver for both of us.

 She's making lots of new little friends and told me today that she 
thinks there's someone in her class that has a crush on her.  
Don't we all?

5 comments:

Steph said...

So glad L is doing better! Three cheers for recovering!

That is such a cool front door too!

Annie said...

Oh, man! What a start to a school year! And yes, with that face, how can you not fall in love?

Laura said...

Oh, B!! I just read your last two posts! I'm so sorry for L. And for you for having to deal with that while Q was out of town. At least you're not bored on the East Coast, right?! I wish I could help...
And why does L look so grown up all the sudden? It hasn't been that long since we've seen you, and she looks 2 years older! What a sweet cutie. Thinking of you guys and sending hugs!

Melissa said...

Oh how I wish we lived closer to each other! I think our girls would get along so well. So happy to hear she's back to school and loving it! Here's to another year.

Jacinda said...

Glad to see L is feeling better. Did she get her letter?