Back when C was just over a year, they use to fight over who got to sweep.
A while ago I decided that we needed a playlist that was solely for clean-up time. We had "The Happy Working Song" from Enchanted on CD and I loved to put it on full-blast to get the kids psyched for picking up. However, as I tried to come up with additional songs, I discovered that my list was very short and Disney based. Do you have any suggestions from oldies, country, indie, the 80's, etc -- tunes that inspire cleaning? Here is my list so far:
- Happy Working Song, Enchanted
- Whistle While You Work, Snow White
- It's a Hard Knock Life, Annie
- When Will My Life Begin, Tangled
- Rubity, Scrubity, Sweepity, Sword in the Stone
- Spoon Full of Sugar, Mary Poppins
- Dig it, Holes
- Be Our Guest, Beauty and the Beast
- Clean my Room, Imagination Movers
And just to include more pictures, here are a couple of L's most recent dress-up creations:
Jedi Knights
Fairies
(actually, a fairy and a sparrow man if we're going to be correct in our fairy terminology)
6 comments:
My mom used to listen to some of the upbeat songs on Gloria Estefan's greatest hits cd while cleaning.
Don't you think C looks a little like Ryan as a little boy in that middle picture?
I always listen to Abba Gold while I clean.
I wish I had suggestions, but I just love your list! I'll probably be looking at Laurie Berkner or Backyardigans songs now for more more tracks to add to a cleaning soundtrack.
I meant playlist!
Look what I found.... a whole list!!
http://family.go.com/household/article-257939-perfect-songs-for-cooking-and-cleaning-t/
we always clean to Tijuana Brass.... my all-time fav has always been "Tijuana taxi!"... it really makes them clean faster because you just want to MOOOOOOVE! :)
Post a Comment