How long have you been married? It will be SIX years in May. Wow.
How long did you date? Hmmm. "Date" is fairly vague. You could probably say that we started dating the summer of '97. But then I was up at Ricks College and then he was at Utah State University. He left for his mission to Russia and I went on mine to Argentina. We both ended up back at USU... so I guess 5 years before tying the knot.
Who can sing better? We actually got to know each other from being in a Dinner Theater together. His bass is beautiful.
Who does the laundry? Me
Who pays the bill? Me, but we're trying to do Quicken and budget every Sunday. It's kinda fun to see where the money is going and to fess up to our little splurges (Me: "Another $2 burrito this week?!" Him: "Another sale at Target?!")
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Q -- which makes it even more amazing that he hears C and brings him to me during the night.
Who mows the lawn? HA! Neither one of us... one of the great things about renting. We both had a lot of practice growing up though so we'll see how we split that one.
Who cooks dinner? Both. Mostly me during the weekdays and Q gets to have his fun on Sundays when he's not worried about homework. We enjoy doing it together though -- it's one of our favorite hobbies.
Who drives? Me. I have the car all week (Q takes the bus or rides his bike) and when we both are in the car he is usually doing homework.
Who kissed who first? Q. That's a long story for another time. Let's just say he was patient for over a year. My grandpa was sure there was something wrong with him (I neglected to tell Grandpa that Q was just respecting my wishes).
Who asked who out first? We can't agree on this one. There was so much "hanging out" that the first OFFICIAL DATE seems a bit hazy. Q claims I asked him to a concert at Layton Park.
Who proposed? Another funny story. Q did... on April Fool's Day. Not his plan, but I jumped the gun and wanted to go on the hike we'd planned for that weekend a few days early. He had to skip classes and run around town trying to get everything prepared. As he was proposing to me on the top of the mountain I was trying to think of a response to his lame April Fool's joke. He looked concerned when I realized his sincerity and exclaimed, "Are you serious?!"
4 comments:
ha ha. I love that Q proposed on April Fools Day. We miss you guys and hope all is well. I'm sending you those pictures from easter right now
Boy, that first picture of you guys brought back a flood of memories! It's hard to believe 6 years has past so quickly! Did you hear Pres. Pino's name read Saturday? I'm not too surprised!
Cute! I haven't ever heard how you two got together so that was nice to read! You have the cutest little family, Brooke. You are so beautiful and L looks just like you! I'm glad all is going well! Love ya!
This my first visit to your blog! So cute kiddos. It was fun to play at the indoor park the other day!
Post a Comment