Friday, June 06, 2008

Asian Festival and Avery Fountains

Recently we've realized that our time here in Ohio will end -- and sooner than we think. So we've made it a goal to try and do more to explore Columbus and discover Ohio. I thought I'd pass along what we've been finding in case you live here or are planning a visit (hint, hint). My first two outings are in no way related, but I thought I'd do them both in one post and save time.

ASIAN FESTIVAL (free)
Yearly at Franklin Park (by the conservatory)
Fun entertainment, all sorts of great food to try (from Cambodian to Indian to Vietnamese), a kid station, a market area, and my favorite -- Sepak Takraw (Kick Volleyball -- these guys were amazing. It was like hackie-sack and volleyball combined. You should have seen the round-house spike -- wow).



AVERY FOUNTAINS (free)
In Dublin, not too far off of 161 and 270 there is a fun little splash pad called Avery Fountains (or sometimes the Bunny Fountains). The kids LOVED it -- I'd been before, but today was a riot. It was HOT outside, but we didn't even notice with all of the splashing. Bring an umbrella (there aren't many trees) and plan to get wet as the water shoots up around you.



4 comments:

MerryPair said...

Oh how I miss you and your family. Drew was actually saying yesterday that we should go visit you guys this year sometime...

Ashley Head said...

When I was in Myanmar, I saw the national team play "Cane Ball". It sounds an awful lot like your kick volleyball. Do they use a whicker ball?

Beazer said...

Ohio IS a great place to visit...

Yes they do use a wicker ball. I totally wanted to get one for C because it looks so easy to carry around -- but they were $20. Yikes.

IM said...

Beazers,

It's been way too long. We need to catch up. Q, drop me a line sometime.

BTW, good lookin' little family you guys have going.

- Ian