Tuesday, June 24, 2008

gratitude

There are quite a few little things (like nice weather and a newer grill) that have helped make life a little sweeter lately. However, there are some big headlines that deserve special mention. Here's the breakdown on a whole list of things that have gone very right for us over the last few months:
  • I passed my dissertation prospectus.
  • Despite budget cuts in the department, I was lucky enough to get summer funding.
  • Mercifully, microecon qualifiers are finally over, and I'm just a few bureaucratic hurdles away from an MA in Econ.
  • I received enough travel grant awards to fund at least two separate field trips to Russia this year (first trip: this coming August).
Taken alone, any one of these would be newsworthy, but all together, I feel like we've been blessed with more than our fair share. But we'll take it.

4 comments:

Anna said...

agreed. very blessed. and you put in so much hard work. congrats Q. I can't wait to see your family in Utah while you are in Russia! Hopefully we'll get to see you a bit too.

Tara said...

Lucky ducky getting to go to Russia. We have been blessed so much lately also. It is awesome to see it in the lives of friends that we love. So, have I mentioned that you guys need to come visit us in NC???

Annie said...

congratulations on all of the above. good worker Quintin. We sure do miss you guys! I suppose the Hill Cumorah pageant pales in comparison to Russia, but you are officially invited to be our pageant guests. I'm sure we could even get you a 1st discussion with the missionaries, sweeten the deal:)

Dallas said...

congrats Quintin! You are a super achiever!