
For the last month Q and I have been watching a series recommended by my sister. Psych is a comedy about a guy that pretends to be psychic to be allowed to do detective work. Anyways, there was a Friday the 13th spoof (I don't do horror or suspense AT ALL) that I had Q mute and cover my eyes for most of, but it was still lingering in the back of my mind. So when I heard L calling for me after I'd put her to bed a couple of times already, I went upstairs a bit begrudgingly. She told me she was scared and there was something in her room. I reassured her that it was probably just the new mobile we'd made and hung from the light. "No," she said, "It's that thing right behind you!" When I looked over my shoulder and saw a dark looming shadow that shouldn't have been there, I screamed and started karate-chopping wildly. Q came dashing upstairs to see me in a laughing heap, next to a terrified little girl and a curious little boy -- and a helium balloon floated harmlessly around. I did put a night light in for the night. I'm not sure who was the most traumatized that night. Scary shows = not cool.
6 comments:
hermana, you make me laugh! i sure miss ya!
I've been meaning to email you, sorry. We got our strawberries from Jaquamin (I don't know how to spell it, but if you go north on 270 and then west on 161, get off on Post road and take your first left, the farm is up on the left hand side). They are selling them for $1.80 a pound. I know you can get them for cheaper in some stores, but it's about the experience, right?
Don't worry. The "Tuesday the 17th" episode really freaked me out too! (I also don't do horror.) LOVE that show (and can't figure out why it hasn't been on in forever... SO sad!)
That screaming at a balloon thing is totally something I would do.
And I love that story about C.
I too love that story about C. What a sweet & wild boy, (sounds just like mine) I'm dying about your balloon story. You're a great writer, I was totally in suspense wondering who was hiding, Q or C... NEVER guessed it would have been a balloon.
I really needed a laugh...Thanks!
And by the way...we really need to get together.
Post a Comment