Tuesday, June 02, 2009

You've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

And what a lovely day it was for little C. He started things out with a yummy waffle breakfast that he assisted in making ("I help, Mommy! I do it!"). Then we took him into the family room where he noticed... his new basketball hoop (from Nana and Gpa Pete)!


We had to tear him away so that we could take L to her LAST DAY OF PRESCHOOL (until the Fall -- she's still got another year to go). I should have gotten a picture of it, but one of the main highlights of the day was getting to ride in "Jeni's Van" (which is really Kathy's van, but that fact is lost on him). Jen and I took him and his buddy Sam to Galaxy Golf where for the next hour and 1/2 they played non-stop on the huge indoor playground (he couldn't get enough of the ball pit) and arcade. The boys LOVED the tokens, balls, tickets, and prizes involved in the game area.



After naptime he got to open lots of wonderful gifts from aunts, parents, grandparents, and of course, his big sister. There was just enough time to get a bit of playing in before his guests arrived.



He had a great time at the party playing with the balls, water, corn hole (because there is no reason in his mind to be outsidand without the boards set up), and of course -- all of his favorite Sams. I have no idea how it happened, but his closest buds are named Sam! Hilarious.


Yes the lines are straight, I'm sure it's just the camera angle.

Running back and forth between the corn hole boards


Life just wouldn't be as funny and crazy without his contagious laugh, tackles, or cuddles.
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a cute little boy! I can't believe he is 2. You guys really need to come visit sometime. What are your 4th of July plans? Want to come to NC and do some camping???