Monday, June 01, 2009

Asian Festival

For the 2nd year in a row we headed to the grounds at Franklin Park Conservatory for the Asian Festival. Here are some of the reasons I love it:

1. Beautiful location
2. IT'S FREE!
3. Good food (lunch can be Indian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Pakistani, Filipino, etc)
4. Fun Children's area with painting, crafts, dress-up, etc


5. Cultural entertainment the kids loved watching and dancing to


6. Sepak-Takraw (what I believe should become the new American sport -- AMAZING!!! Imagine a sport that is a mix between volleyball and hackey sack with roundhouse kicks to spike the ball. Wow.)
7. Bubble Tea (Basically a smoothie or slushie with huge tapioca balls at the bottom that get sucked up through a massive straw -- weird, but fun. You can buy them online fairly cheap. Boba party anyone?)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we didn't get to go this year bc of Boards study. a bummer. Glad you guys enjoyed it! :)

I agree about Takraw. We got some incredible videos of it last year. Non-stop entertainment!

I've never had the bubble-tapioca-boba-whatevers you described. What country are they from?

Anna said...

I confess Boba freaks me out.

Can't wait to see you guys again...September again?