But, we've all survived the 1st week. And she even seems to be enjoying herself quite a bit. Her younger brother is definitely happy that he now gets to choose activities, dictate play, and pick shows to watch. He's stepped up his interactions with friends on playdates too because she's not there to be the leader. I think he's really digging this new set-up. Plus, when L gets home they are having lots of fun playing together before dinner.
Our 1st After School Snack -- the Brownie #2 Pencil
Still, it is hard adjusting to this new phase in life. I miss getting to hang out with my little girl all day. And gone are the whimsical, carefree, schedule-free days of going and doing whatever and whenever. It's wake up early, get her out the door (Q walks her to the bus on the way to his bus), morning activity, lunch and a short nap for the kids before trying to wake them up to walk to pick her up, time to start dinner, and then early bedtime to help our sleeping beauty (that likes to wake up at 9am) wake up in time to make her bus.
I guess there is an alternative... homeschool?
3 comments:
She looks fantastic on her first day!
I am already dreading next year and Kindergarten. I miss Sam now and he's only in preschool 3 days a week! Though, his school will be only 5 minutes away when he starts. Advantages of living in a small town:)
L is such a smartie, she is going to thrive in school!
Miss you guys.
There is a good argument to be made for me being a bad parent, and reading your blog post makes me feel even more so because...Cole started kindergarten last week too, and I love it. :)
I am so glad her first week went so well. So did ours. My little guy is doing great so far. She is such a cutie.
Post a Comment