Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Is it possible to do a non-child related post?

Probably not, but Q suggested some of our readers out there might be interested in things other than pictures of our kids (what?!). So, here goes:

Books gathering dust on a shelf waiting to be read...
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
and a whole bunch of other ones from my sister's blog

I just started this exercize video while waiting for the running trails and warmer weather (we're suppose to get 4-6 inches tomorrow)

Product Details
It has 3 levels and I am still unwilling to move past level 1 -- maybe when I can do push-ups off my knees (though I should get some slack since I've been doing them with G adding resistance by pushing on my back). The workout is only 20 minutes which is my wimp-perfect time. I think I'm a fan -- if I were better at Facebook I might even like it.

I'm working on figuring out how to better run the home with respect to house cleaning and chores. I think I'm going to be ready for a grand unveiling to the family sometime next month.

We're gearing up for L's bday and since she has NO NEED for more toys I decided to theme her gifts around cooking. She has Wednesdays (shrimp fried rice tonight) for dinner and I think she'll be more excited about it with some new things that are hers in the kitchen. She just got an apron and my sister is sending cookbooks. Other ideas? Here are some I've found:
Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
Nylon knife set
Curious Chef Fruit & Vegetable Peeler
Safety vegetable peeler
Tovolo Pancake Pen
Pancake pen


And just for good measure, here's a fun site that I found right before Christmas that has lots of unique gift ideas (it's where I first saw the kitchen items, but Amazon is cheaper -- especially with the free shipping if you're a student. Amazon is my friend.).
Who wouldn't need:
M-CUPS™ - Matryoshkas made to measure
MS FOOD FACE™  -  FEMALE


For those of you who felt this was a useless post seriously lacking pictures of cute children, I'll post a video of G eating his cake tomorrow. And I still need to do his year at a glance. So no worries.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got the Jillian 30 day shred. Let's make a deal. I'll move up to level two if you do. What do you think? I am really having a hard time getting exercise a regular part of my life again.

Anna said...

How bout a small cutting board for her?

Or on her dinner night get the chalkboard easel out and write up the "menu" for the rest of the family so it feels more like a presentation?

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

I do jillian's front side/ back side workouts and they rock! I can't believe you haven't read mockingjay yet!

Laura said...

you do realize this post ended up being totally child related?! I found it very informative. I totally would have gone with a toy for L. Next on my list was an apron. Now I know she needs neither! I'll be on the lookout for something kitchen-y.

Beazer said...

A chalkboard menu is a great idea! She just got a stand up one from her gma for Christmas. She'll love doing that. Thanks!

Laura Read said...

Can you send me a copy of your shrimp fried rice recipe? Agnes just asked yesterday if I could make fried rice for dinner, and shrimp is her very favorite thing in the world.

Laura Read said...
This comment has been removed by the author.