Q got Netflix from my sister for Christmas and is having all sorts of fun finding movies and shows to add to our queue. However, most of them seem to have an action-ness about them. He claims he'll add any QUALITY romance or comedy that I come up with, but really I have no idea what is out there. Suggestions? Absolutely no tear-jerkers or emotional-manipulators allowed. What are the best romantic comedies or must-see films lately (meaning since 2005)?
Thanks,
B
5 comments:
Have you seen 27 dresses? I liked that a lot. Hitch is pretty funny too.
The last two PG romantic comedies that we liked were "Leap Year" and "Confessions of a Shopaholic." I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but if I remember any others, I'll be sure to let you know!
definitely add #1 Ladies' Detective Agency. You can get seasons of all you favorite series. also add Knight and Day (action packed but funny)
our favorite is 'it happened one night'. andy says it was the first romantic comedy. we also love watching 30 rock on streaming. we love netflicks!
Alright, I know you said since 2005, but really, If you haven't seen any of these I would suggest them with gusto! So, a few of my favorites are classics--try;
* The Philadelphia Story(1940)
* It Happened One Night (1943)
* Roman Holiday (1953)
* An Affair to Remember (1957)
* Some Like it Hot(1959)
More contemporary;
* Joe Vs. the Volcano (1990)
* The Cutting Edge (1992)
* Sabrina (1995)
* You've Got Mail (1998)
* Never Been Kissed (1999)
* Kate & Leopold (2001)
* Hitch (2005)
Last year;
* Valentines Day
* Killers
* Date Night
Last year movies are all funny but are recommended with some caution. Now a days, movies are a bit edgy at pg-13:) I didn't see any pg ones I really liked enough to mention.
I had the hardest time narrowing down this list...call me if you want more:)
Merry Movie Watching!
Post a Comment