Cincinnati with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir:
"Nana's Choir" came to Ohio again this year so we made sure to take advantage of the opportunity to be with my parents and headed there for a couple of days. I'm always amazed at how intensely L loves to listen to the choir -- I didn't gain an appreciation for their music until much later in life.
We arrived in time to listen to some of the rehearsal and then to take the Men's Wardrobe Specialist (aka Pa) to the park where he and the kids got some good playtime in.
Though it was a bit hot and muggy by the river for the concert, we got the hook-up from the choir President, Mr. Mac, who married us a mere 7 years ago. Instead of being stuck on soggy, muddy grass, we had sweet seats! C only made it 1/2 way through the concert before it was time to return to the hotel. The concert had started later in the evening and it was WAY past bedtime. We had to drag L backwards away from the choir as she strained to watch and listen.
Somehow we all managed to sleep well in the hotel room together and had plenty of energy the next day for the kids' favorite pastime -- riding the escalators.
Up next:
The 4th of July and our visitors from California and Mississippi (yes I realize I'm more than a month behind!)
2 comments:
sounds cool! Good thing you had the hookups. and L already has an ear for good choir music, eh? That's definitely unique, I'd say. Most kids just want to hear "Wheels on the Bus" and maybe "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". A budding musician, perhaps. :)
I'm still following you guys.... but I do feel your pain about being behind...
Post a Comment