Must be willing to cook, clean, do laundry, and change poopy diapers, wipe noses, entertain kids (ie - play games day in and day out), rearrange and clean out closets and cupboards that have been neglected for 9 months, put away holiday decorations, thow parties, shuttle preschooler, and wait on mother's every need. Showering us all with gifts and loving us in spite of our clutter, crankiness, sickness, and craziness is a desired bonus.
Today my mom went home. I think we're all a bit sad but I think I'm the saddest. I can't even explain the overwhelmed feeling I had as I walked into the house upon discharge from the hospital. Luckily there was a birthday part for the baby and a mommy to take care of me and all of mine. Two weeks later it all seems a bit more manageable. Though I could get use to the idea of a live-in nanny...
Thank you for EVERYTHING Mom -- we miss you already!
(and thanks for giving her up for 2 weeks Pa)
4 comments:
Pa?? We are the ones that had to give her up! I can't believe you took her away from us for 2 weeks! Next time you have a baby, have the courtesy to live a little closer, eh? We can only live without her for so long, you know.
I have a feeling the pay isn't so good. But I'll do it anyway, for lots of personalized artwork!
Wow, Lydia has 2 babies hu? Looks like a lot of work going on over there!
Baby Boy is adorable!
Looks like you need to hire Jess, she'll do the job for string artwork!
I'm sure it must be overwhelming to have all the help gone again. let me know if there is anything you need (assuming that i'll actually be of use to you since we don't exactly live close)
So are you going to fill us in on what you named him? I must have missed it somewhere...
I love it when my mom comes after I have a baby, and hate it when she goes, too. Thank goodness for Grandmas!
Post a Comment