Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 1 (whoops, now Week 2)

I'M SORRY! I know there have been LOTS of requests for more pictures. Well here you go!

I've tried a couple of photo shoots for our family calendar but haven't had a lot of success because of wiggles and lighting. I'll keep trying and hopefully post some fun ones soon.

This one I had to include -- I was going for a curled up newborn look, but I guess he'd had enough of that the last nine months.


On the way to the hospital L told my mom, "It may take me 4 1/2 years to get to know the baby well enough to love him." Within 4 1/2 seconds she was smitten. The first day home she wanted to do nothing but hold him, shush him, sing to him, rub his head, and look adoringly at her new brother.

C notices him basically when he starts to cry. He is much more interested in playing all of the board games that are the new rage in the Beazer household. He did like the two times that he has held him -- G was flailing and C was giggling the whole time. We've had to keep the boys a bit separated because the day we came home from the hospital, C got hit with a nasty bug that had him runny eye and nosed with a crazy cough. Grrr -- talk about bad timing. Basically I've had "sick jackets" that I'd wear when near C and then I'd wash up and unzip to handle Baby G. Sadly, G still managed to pick up a little something -- so the bulb is now his enemy.


3 comments:

AMY said...

He's adorable, so cute! Wow a boy, I think I guessed a girl on the survey, hmmm...guess I was wrong. Congrats!

Anna said...

awww. new baby. glad L is smitten. We're hoping our daughter will be smitten with him when they get older so we'll have more excuses to hang out with you guys.

I'm very curious what name you picked, I'm guessing you won't post it on the blog for privacy reasons. Send it to me in an email maybe?

Chelsea said...

what a beautiful addition! Congratulations!!