Monday, October 27, 2008

Ward Halloween Party 2008

Traditionally Halloween costumes for Q and me are created the day of the parties we attend. It's a test of creativity and ingenuity. This year was no different. We had bought a Tinkerbell costume on clearance last year for L so it seemed fairly easy to decide what direction I should be headed in.

Once I decided to go with the Neverland theme I was excited to see if Q would go for green tights. However, it just worked out to make a younger Peter Pan and have Q go as one of the pirates (we couldn't come up with the long black wig we would have needed for Captain Hook). I was Wendy, and then of course there was Tinkerbell. I thought it turned out just fine... though Tink did say that I looked like Q's mom - Grandma Lee. So Grandma Lee or Wendy -- it could go either way.

Little Pan's favorite parts of the party were the corn hole sets (making his father proud) and "Thriller." Every time the music began to play he stopped whatever he was doing to start to groove. Tink loved the cake walk (who wouldn't when they rig it so you win every time?), getting a Tinkerbell face painting, and of course, the trick-or-treating.

Q (with a little encouragement) did the pie-eating contest which consisted of a pie tin full of whipped topping and 4 gummy worms hidden inside. He totally would have taken the prize but one of his worms fell back in the tin. Just a word to the wise -- clean that stuff off immediately and thoroughly. It goes sour quickly and if you miss the stuff that went up your nose...

All in all it was a smashing Ward Party.


4 comments:

MerryPair said...

I am thoroughly disappointed that Q didn't do the Peter Pan. I thought for sure he would jump at the chance. You guys amaze me with your costumes. Brilliant.

Becky said...

You guys look amazing!!! Hope to see you during the holidays!

Annie said...

I love it all, right down to the Papa Johns napkins. You all look great. I love your hair Brooke, short looks good on you.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable!