So yesterday Q made blue oatmeal for L, and I peeled a clementine and then resealed the peel with a note inside instead of the fruit. All day long we were teasing and fooling.
The best part though was dinner. L made sure we had our traditional Jell-O drinks (she's sure she's going to trick Q with this every year). We had the kids eating off adult plates while we used plastic and the flower vase was upside down. For dinner we had cupcakes -- the kids were ecstatic. Until they realized that they were Mexican Meatloaf Cupcakes with Chipotle Sweet Potato Frosting and sprinkles on top.
Yum.
We had 2 homemade salsas -- one a traditional tomato and the other with pears, strawberries, and lime zest (I'll have to remember to buy mint next time -- that would have been perfect. I almost had L fooled). I'll have to think ahead for 2011 instead of scrambling with what we had around the house.
3 comments:
Nothing this fun for the kids! What great ideas. I pulled some jokes on Brian that he totally fell for, and Cole spent most of the day telling me that my face was blue or that there was a spider in my hair. I think I need to do some stuff like you did next year though. The kids would love it.
this is kim, i actually had to spend the day at the dentist office. Not the brightest idea, all the hygenists were playing pranks on the dentist. one of them was they laced his cup with the numbing solution, so after lunch... while he was working on me, his whole mouth was numb... funneee
Oooh fun ideas! My niece here wrapped a gluestick up like chapstick and pranked her uncle. That was pretty much the only one that worked, but it's fun to watch kids' creativity come out for the occasion!
Post a Comment