ps - You're wondering how I have time to be posting about trivial stuff like this? Well, so far they've helped vacuum, sweep, and mop and now L is putting C down for his nap. She's read him a bunch of stories and is now singing him songs -- I could get use to this. We'll see how it goes...
Florida is fabulous -- we are ecstatic to finally be in a more permanent stage of life. Q has officially begun work as a professor, and we are feeling settled into our new home. The updates aren't frequent, but we're glad you stopped by to catch up.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Organizing Ideas
There are a lot of creative ideas out there that I want to incorporate into our lives. The blogs of amazing people seem innumerable. How do you remember all of the great stuff you come across? I use Google Docs because it's right there in my email. I have a document that I add ideas and links to as I come across them or think of them. I'm able to sort things according to holiday or age group (I have lots of ideas they're not quite old enough for) and it is helpful when I hit a creative wall or when I need a reminder that parenting is fun and there are lots of things to do together. Do any of you have other systems for organizing your parenting/gift/creative ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So, do you think you'd ever feel like linking some of those great ideas perhaps? Maybe especially in the 5-6-7 age category? Cause you know it might be fun for you to share...
Funny that you mention this because after your last post, I thought. Goll, I need to write some of these great ideas down. I just kind of have an excel file that I write things on, but I've never tried google docs. Another great idea I'll have to steal. It's so great being the younger sister sometimes!
Create away and make sure to post about it so I don't have to think of ideas on my own!
I like the google Docs idea. Very smart. There's a desktop program called MS Onenote that I use at work that might be great for this. I also have heard about web programs like del.i.cious that I think people use for organizing their online links...I'll have to investigate more and maybe post if I find anything great.
Post a Comment