You only enter a new decade so many times in your life. So, I wanted to make this one memorable. I posted about the nice hike we went on to just have time together as a family. However, for months I had been scheming and planning to surprise Q with a party.
When I realized that the LDS Institute Building could easily be reserved I put my name on the calendar and committed myself to the date. That was all before the baby came, but...
It was grand. Lots of friends to celebrate and share some love with the birthday boy. And best of all -- HE WAS SURPRISED! There were so many times that I thought we'd given it away, but miraculously he was too preoccupied to notice. I am so glad that I don't have to try to be sneaky anymore -- it's exhausting!
We had cupcakes and ice cream
(Jeni's Dark Cocoa Gelato made an appearance),
(C's favorite part. "Surprise!!!" was his least favorite),

pictures of Q through the years,

a Q Quiz (that will be the next post),


activities for the kids
(L planned and orchestrated all of their games --she's a natural.)

Baby G was there too, but he slept through all of the festivities.

Lots and lots of thanks to so many people who helped make it happen:
Laura -- the cupcakes were fabulous, everyone thought they were professional!
Katie -- aka party decorator
Tina -- the decoy
Friends in his department that played up our "date night," picked up ice cream, and took care of invites to others in the department.
Kirstin -- our photographer (thanks for documenting things so I didn't have to!)
Everyone that gave suggestions and helped out in other ways
And mostly the kids for their fabulous job of keeping it a secret and helping me with all of my planning and set=up
Happy 30th Q -- We love you!


2 comments:
Looks like you pulled off a great party! I'm amazed you were able to keep it secret. I always blow things like that when I try to surprise Eric with anything.
I wish we could have been there! When do you think you guys will leave Columbus? We need to come see you before then for sure! We love and miss you! Happy Birthday Q!
Post a Comment