70 is a big birthday. It's monumental. So we made plans to journey across the country once again to celebrate with Q's dad. His mom and sister made a memorable party -- we were fans.
Q and I took his parents to the U of U basketball game against BYU. It was fun to be Ute fans -- until all the stadium emptied due to the embarrassingly huge loss. We had a great time though and even got to ride Trax around.
Speaking of fun rides, after a visit to the "train park" by Q's parents' house,
we absolutely had to go on a ride on Front Runner. It was so fun to see how excited C was about the whole thing. When your kid gets so much joy from something that you can so simply supply -- how can you refuse?
There was also quite a bit of excitement surrounding horses. A good friend of Q's let the kids come and ride his horses and they were thrilled. C's horse spooked and it almost ended the fun, but Q's friend expertly convinced him to keep riding and soon his scare was forgotten.
Q and I were spoiled -- 3 dates while there. The bball game, lunch at the Red Iguana when I picked him up from the airport, and a double with my sister and her hubby to a game of racquetball and then dinner at Firehouse Pizza (ah, fond Logan memories). I wish I had gotten a picture of Q in the borrowed racquetball attire. It will be forever etched in my memory.
Other fun highlights were hanging out with family to watch the Olympics,
playing Wii at Grandma Iris' (the kids were pretty skilled),
a visit to the Treehouse Museum,
making a sling (yes, I'm awesome), getting family pictures (I'll post some when they come in), lots of playtime with cousins, and just being able to hang out with family.
(6 weeks apart)
While there we made plans to bless G since family would already be in town for the blessing of my niece. Both blessings were full of family and we were grateful for everyone that made efforts to be there and share in the special experience.
(Isn't she cute? The dress was made by Mom -- one day I'll be so cool.)
The flights were fabulous -- our kids really are great travelers. Newborns are seriously the best. He slept through both legs of the flight... there and back. Yes, we're lucky.
Up next: Q's bday, Springtime Fun, and Food Thoughts
No comments:
Post a Comment