Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Free Lemonade?

Before the cooler weather returned, we had quite a few nice days that even bordered on hot. So L decided it was time to have a lemonade stand. I found some wrinkled paper and she began to make the sign. When I asked how much she planned to charge she said, "Free. Unless they don't have any money and then we'll pay them."
Um... in the end we just decided on FREE.
How could anyone refuse this enthusiasm?! But some did -- one lady was trying to get away so fast she almost began to run (granted she was the first person they had seen the entire time and they were a bit over-exuberant...)
Noon on a weekday is not prime lemonade stand time. Our neighbor had heard them shouting ("FREE LEMONADE!") but just thought they were making noise (hmmm, was that a comment on their usual outdoor enthusiasm?). She sweetly came out twice. They finally decided to take advantage of the free lemonade themselves and enjoyed stopping by their own stand repeatedly.
Lemonade anyone?


4 comments:

Ms. Muppettt said...

chuckle chuckle. Man! I always buy whatever kids are selling in their front yards. And I would have even paid them! You have sweet kids.

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Yes! Please. I love Lemnad!

MerryPair said...

I've never been paid to drink someone's lemnad, but if they are stinking cute as your kids, I'd drink the whole pitcher!

Anna said...

Oh your kids are cute. And I can't believe how big C is, it's killing me.