Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Countdown -- December 10th

Finished decorating the cookies for the community center. L told me that she felt good inside while she helped me smear frosting and sprinkle sugar on top of the cookies. I love when they make deep discussions so easy to have!

We had a friend spend the day and then sleep over with us tonight. The kids had a great time -- especially the pulling everything out of the drawers to make a clothes pile to jump in. Luckily they were all game for cleaning up soon after. It was so cute when the boys took their naps and then came stumbling down the stairs together when they woke up. They seemed so happy to realize that the other one had been sleeping so they hadn't missed out on any fun. I had a little peek at what having 2 yr old twins would be like.


We surprised Q by picking him up at school and taking him blindly out to eat at a place we thought he'd be pretty excited about -- BonoTogo Pizza (see this post for previous review)! They have re-opened in a new location and sent us our gift card so we put it to use. It's still a hole in the wall (almost literally) and next time we'll do a date night and not take 3 kids with us, but the pizza was great. I took the camera, but forgot to take shots (grrr). It's so small that one of the owners sat there and cut up the pizza into small bites for the kids so that I could eat. She made sure to help L zip up her coat on the way out too. Fun to go to places like that.

And I didn't get any good shots of L with her "mommy hair style" for Halloween. So today when I did the flip I had Q try to get a shot of our twinner do's. Usually I'll put mine up or style it under when I do her hair like this so people won't think I'm trying to make a mini-clone, but she looks so cute I want to keep doing the flip on her and it takes too much effort to do mine other ways!

5 comments:

Karene said...

I love your countdown, Brooke! It looks like a lot of work. Does that mean I'm lazy? Don't answer that. :)

I love the twinner hairdos! And Lydia is clearly SO pleased to look like Mommy. Can't blame her!

Anna said...

I love L's "mommy hair" so cute!

Laura Read said...

So where is the pizza place now? We're still hoping to try it one day.

Tara said...

Oh, you and little L are the cutest! Are you pregnant Brooke, because it does not look like it, I think we need some preg pictures to verify!

Laura said...

is it possible you're getting smaller? man, i was hoping sam wouldn't do stuff like pull out all the clothes from the dresser and make a huge pile to jump in. stinker. thank you so much!!!! we owe you big time. magei's out of school next week, so we need to make plans...