Today we made snowflakes to cover the walls -- I felt like I was back in elementary school. It was great. And then tonight we watched "Prep and Landing." I'd recorded it a couple nights ago from the TV to the VCR (yes, we're still in the Ice Age). Luckily for us there is Hulu because the sound didn't work very well and the kids would have been sorely disappointed to be told 1/2 way through that we couldn't finish the show.
Well, it happened. The day so quickly arrived that we can no longer spell to pass information like, "There is i-c-e c-r-e-a-m in the freezer" or the one that we got busted on, "You could see if they have j-u-i-c-e." Our little preschooler is word-obsessed right now. She is constantly sounding out things she sees on boxes or signs we drive by. And you can hear her sounding things out or asking us to write or spell things to put on a picture or in a note. She's figuring out our coded messages consistently now. We're in trouble.
I just finished Q's haircut and it's late (I let him know that I get January off), but I couldn't waste a post and end without a picture or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment