Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Countdown, December 16th

Today the whole family woke up early to head to the doctor office. We were off to see Baby Beazer on the big screen. For the last ultrasound we'd taken L and figured this time we'd let C in on the fun (he was pretty excited about the heartbeat because it was so loud). The doctor had wanted to get some measurements to make a guess of the size of this child. I've been measuring "right on" at all of the appointments, but ending weights of the last two kids left them curious (though not worried) about this one.

I'd tell you what the results were, but in the next couple of days we're going to be getting up a little Beazer contest of sorts. That's right folks -- hold your breath for this one. There will be prizes for those who are able to guess the weight, gender, birthday, etc of our upcoming bundle of joy. So don't post your thoughts yet. Do your research and we'll let you know when the guessing begins.

A large chunk of time today was spent trying to figure out L's schooling for next year. Here in Columbus you are assigned to a school, but you are allowed to "lottery" into 3 other choices. Who knew I'd be gambling with my child's education? I'd planned to just go to our assigned one because it was within walking distance and has great scores... until I found out this week that they are moving out to do renovations for the next two years. Grrrr.

I couldn't bear another post without pictures... but what to include? And then I remembered this one:

Yes, sometimes I do wonder how my children will turn out.

2 comments:

Brent and Jan Petersen, (Брент и Ян Петерсен) said...

It makes a grandmother worry!!!!

Annie said...

This is my Dad! Carrots in the nose, etc. Obviously I turned out pretty awesome, so... But maybe it was just my mom. Anyway, I'm sure the kiddos have a shot at least.