Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Countdown, December 7th

Today's advent was making gingerbread cookies for L's teachers. We had some friends from her school over to make some for their teachers as well. Doesn't it make you wish that you were in the education field? Who says their Christmas bonuses aren't comparable to the big-wigs?


We also went swimming as a family for a bday party L was invited to. C was beside himself with joy. He told Q, "Daddy, you [will] be scared when you go swimming. But I be there. You see me and you say, 'Phew, I love you.' And then you no be scared."

I decided that it made sense to base our morning scripture study on Christmas passages instead of just whatever lesson I was working on for Primary or what story L had found interesting from the children's illustrated scriptures. I searched online and didn't come up with much, but luckily my friend pointed the way to the LDS Friend site. Ta-da! I was so excited (and felt silly for not looking there myself). Now I'll pass it onto you and save you the effort of trying to find a Christmas scripture chain on your own (the GAK refers to the Gospel Art Kit picture you can use with the scripture). You can thank me below.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Can i just tell you how much I love the link you posted?!? I even gave credit to you and posted on our blog if that's ok. Thank you for finding something like this. I am going to use this every year! Keep the countdown coming! ;-)