Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Christmas Countdown -- December 1st

Yesterday as I was working on an advent calendar for the kids, I had the great idea to do a post a day until Christmas on our blog. Kind of like your own little piece of cheap chocolate hidden behind the cardboard flap on the advent calendar from your childhood. I figured it would probably be overkill by Day 2 for most of you, but it would be a nice way to help family members feel closer to us this year since we'll be staying in Ohio instead of making our usual trek out West.

However, it is now 11:15pm and I'm just getting to the post... and we're on December 1st. Still -- here is my valiant effort (for what it's worth). Some of you may want to block us on your Google Reader for a month or so -- but be sure to tune back in mid-January!



DECEMBER 1st

Thanksgiving was very low-key this year. It seemed like friends were out of town or occupied and family was far away. So, I tried to make sure we made the holiday full of old and new traditions.

We started our 1st Annual Thank-a-Thon where we wrote letters to people that we were thankful for. Don't feel bad if you don't get one -- it was a very short a-thon. Then we put all of the letters on our "Wall of Thanks" so that we could see how many people love us and do nice things for us.The kids helped me make our place cards and pomegranate turkey for the table. And of course, we had to pull out our Thanksgiving table cloth. I loved going back and reading the things people were thankful for and just remembering who we'd spent our holiday with.


And of course, the exciting news of the day was the birth of my 2nd little niece. Congrats Jess and Drew! I'm so excited for Baby Beazer #3 to have a cousin so close in age.



So there you have it -- Countdown to Christmas, Day 1. I may only get a picture or line posted some days, but here's to a valiant start.

PS -- Hearing how BADLY you all want me to do this might offer needed encouragement on nights that I'd rather just go to bed at a decent hour.

3 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

As an avid reader I look forward to your daily posts! Do not dissappoint me!:) Christmas rocks.

MerryPair said...

Here's a valiant effort by me to make more comments. I LOVE your idea with the tablecloth. I love that you had kids first so I can steal all your great ideas. Just think how much less time I have to think of creative things because you do it all for me! I don't think you need us to tell you that we want you to post every day. Every time Kim and I get together we have a "we're mad at Brooke" session because not only do we not get to spend the holidays with you, but we miss so much of your kids' lives - and you miss so much of ours. Maybe we'll forgive you one day.
By the way, if you are ever low on minutes and want to talk, just let me know and I'll call your home phone (that is, if I have enough minutes as well)

Anna said...

You can never post enough for us :) We miss our day to day Beazer family fix. So I'll be loving it.