Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Countdown, December 14th

Some people are able to fall asleep in an instant. Q is one of those people. As we're singing goodnight songs to the kids or telling them stories, he can fall asleep mid-sentence. Usually our talk-time ends up being once we're in bed and I'll often discover that he missed half of the conversation. Anyways, he's up there now putting the kids to bed and I'd bet you that he'll come stumbling out in about 1/2 hour ready to get back to work.

Last night we went and looked at Christmas lights. Our friends were trying to offer suggestions as to where to go, but the kids get so excited about a strand across the roof, that we just drove around the neighborhood and all were happy. L wanted to make sure to thank the houses for their lights so we took one of our snowflakes from earlier in the week and wrote a little note on it expressing our thanks. We had to cap it at just one house though because she started stressing about wanting to leave one at every house we went by.

Today we played Elf by writing Christmas cards and putting together packages to mail. I was Bernard (I was struggling to come up with an elf name) and she was Linda.

Sorry no pics again tonight. I'll get some up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ms. Muppettt said...

I am chuckling...Linda the Elf?! Sort of like Glinda the Good Witch I guess. Much better than Bernard for sure! :O)